I don't know about you, but lately I have found myself constantly daydreaming about summer, and everything that comes with it. I have been thinking about not having to wear my winter clothes or worry about if it's going to snow. I've been daydreaming of ice cream, water ice and spending hours outside. Naturally, all these thoughts lead me to think about my summer plans. What could be better to think about during this cold month than getting ready for camp?
If you are just starting the process, it is important for you to choose the perfect camp or summer program. Once you are registered for a summer program, you will start onboarding information in March and April. For now, here are a few tips to keep you ahead of the game and guide you into spring:
- Check Out Promotions in February: This is the time of year when camps and summer programs flaunt their best deals. From Early Bird Pricing to Refer-A-Friend deals, February is the time to stack deals on top of deals. Make a few phone calls to see what deals are running this month. After February, deals begin to disappear.
- Make Appointments Now: Most summer programs require a doctor to sign a bill of clean health for each student. When spring rolls around, as we all know, it can be difficult to get an appointment on demand. We recommend using February as a chance to get ahead and make your appointments while the spring schedule is still open. It seems like a small task, but the longer you wait, the more of a hassle it becomes.
- Shop for Camp: Just like August is the time when all of your favorite winter clothes are at the height of its discount, winter works in a similar way when buying clothes for summer. February is a great month to find discounts on summer clothes, so we recommend taking advantage of that and finding what you might need now.
- Book Flights: If you are traveling to the US from another country, now is a good time to start looking for competitive fares. You may find that February and March will be your best bet for finding inexpensive flight deals. After March, fares will start to increase for international travel in June and July.
- Remember Application Deadlines: If you are applying for a summer program that has competitive admission, chances are that the deadline for submitting your application occurs in February. Make sure that all components of your application are on track to be turned in on time.
While February is mostly just a cold, slow month, there are plenty of things to think about as you prepare for the spring and get ready for summer. Let us help!