Get to Know Your Pros: Andrew Edition
- When did you first start playing tennis?
I first started playing tennis at age four and half in South Africa.
- What is your favorite travel destination?
We went to Hawaii on honeymoon and that was spectacular; it was paradise.
- Who inspired you to play tennis?
My dad inspired me because he grew up playing a little bit but there was a mutual family friend who also showed an interest in coaching and was a former tennis player growing up so she inspired us as well as a family.
- If you could have a superpower what would it be?
To control the weather
- Why do you like teaching tennis?
To give back a little bit to people. I was fortunate enough to be taught and I wanted to share my knowledge and experience with people. To have the opportunity to give back to people who want to play the sport is the main reason.
- Who would you trade places with?
If I could trade places with anyone I would trade places with my one year old son so I could go back to being a little kid.
- Favorite surface to play on?
My favorite surface to play on is outdoor hard court.
- Who is your dream coach?
The coach who coached Federer when he was a kid would be my choice from the technical standpoint. He is who I try to model my teaching technically around.