At Julian Krinsky Camps & Programs we are able to give your child a pre-college experience. Students live on college campuses and are
exposed to a similar lifestyle that they would encounter at college. After attending our program your child will walk away with having a better idea of what they will want to look for in a college. Here are some ways JKCP helps your child better understand what they might be looking for in a college experience.
- Location - When looking at colleges you will want to narrow down your search by identifying if you’d like to go to school in a city or in a rural town. You may want to attend a college that is set in a big city where there is a lot to do off campus, or you may want a smaller ‘college town’ feel where there is stuff to do closer to campus.
- Large Campus VS. Small Campus - You can get an idea while at camp if you prefer to be on a larger campus or a smaller campus. If you are looking for the experience of recognizing people often, a smaller campus is for you. If you like being in an environment where you see new faces all the time, a larger campus may be what you are looking for.
- Dorm Styles - This will probably be your first time seeing a dorm room, let alone living in one! You will get exposed to what a dorm building looks like, the different styles of dorm rooms, and how you like sleeping in one.
- How to Live With Others - Since you will be living inside a dorm, you will also be sharing your room with another person(s). This gives you the chance of learning how to best get along with someone who you share space with. You will also be able to gauge whether you like sharing a room with several people, just one other person, or maybe no one at all!
- Away from Parents - This may be the first time a child is away from their parents for an extended period. This experience can help them adjust to the new “freedom” they would also get in college. While there are counselors and teachers with them most of the day there will be periods where students will be off with their friends and enjoying some down time. This extra time away from “adults” allows them to get a tiny taste of what it will be like in college, when parents or teachers will not be around all the time.
- Bonus Item: Students have the ability to explore their interests and possibly find their future college major. Several of the classes that are found in JKCP's curriculm can translate into majors that students would find at any university. This is a great way for students to further explore their interests in different subjects and guage if they would like to pursue it as a college major.