Think about where you'd like to spend your summer. If you are still unsure, I've picked the place for you....Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!
Here are a few facts about Philadelphia for you to enrich your knowledge of where you can be spending your summer:
- Did you know Philadelphia became home to the first computer in 1946?
- Did you know on September 21, 1784 the first daily newspaper was published in Philadelphia?
- Did you know the first Zoo was in July 1874 in Philadelphia?
- Did you know the first piano built in America was in Philadelphia during 1775?
- Did you know the first American flag was made by Betsy Ross in Philadelphia?
- Did you know in 1776 the Declaration of Independence was signed in Philadelphia?
- Did you know that Fairmount Park (in Philadelphia) is the largest city park with over 8,000 acres?
- Did you know the United States capital city was once Philadelphia?
- Did you know Philadelphia is home to the Liberty Bell, cheesesteak sandwich, water ice, soft pretzels and TastyKakes?
Now if anyone asks, you know a great deal about Philadelphia and its history!
What's stopping you from spending your summer in Philadelphia?