You must be 14 - 17 years of age by Sunday, July 12 in order to apply for admission to the Yale Summer Academy.
In order to complete an application for admission, students will be required to submit several application requirements. After you register and pay your application fee, you'll gain access to your online account where you'll complete the following:
- Basic application information using our online registration form
- Application Fee ($70, non-refundable, paid via credit card)
- Student Questionnaire (skills & strengths, extracurricular activities, short answer items)
- Essay (explaining your interest in the program in 300 words or less)
- School Information (including name, address, phone, type, graduation year, guidance counselor information, etc.)
- Academic Transcript with Fall 2019 Grades (we accept unofficial and official transcripts)
- Letter of Recommendation (we'll give you a full set of instructions in your account)
- English Competency (Required for students who do not speak English as their first language, or do not receive their academic instruction in English.
- In order of our preference, the applicant may submit TOEFL, ACT, or SAT scores.
- Or you may ask a teacher to complete our online English Competency Evaluation using the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YSAEnglishCompetency). Please note that this is separate from your letter of recommendation.
Ready to get started? The Yale Summer Academy application process has three steps:
- Using a parent/guardian email address and some basic information about the applicant and parent/guardian, you'll register to create an account, or confirm an existing Active account.
- Pay your $70 application fee via credit card. (To see if you may be eligible for an application fee waiver, click here. You'll need to pay the application fee or complete the application fee waiver request process to begin your application.)
- Once you've registered and paid your application fee, you'll visit www.jkcp.com/login to log in to your account. This portal is where you'll submit your required application materials such as your essay, school information, transcript, etc.
If you have any questions before you proceed, please contact us using one of the following options:
Click here to begin your application now.