You must be entering Grade 11 or 12 during the 2020 - 2021 school year and must already have taken (or currently be taking) High School Level Biology in order to apply for admission to this summer program.
Admissions are competitive and follow a fixed timeline. In order to complete an application for admission, you will be required to submit several application requirements. The admissions timeline is scheduled as follows:
After you register and pay your application fee, you'll gain access to your online account where you'll complete the following:
- Extracurricular Activities (You will be asked to provide descriptions of three extracurricular activities.)
- Honors or Awards (You may provide a description of up to three honors or awards you have received.)
- Essay (You will be asked to upload an essay. The prompt is as follows: "Aside from an assumed interest in medicine, why are you interested in the Penn Medicine Summer Program for High School Students? Do not exceed 300 – 400 words.")
- School Information (including name, CEEB code, address, phone, type, guidance counselor information, GPA, class rank, etc.)
- Academic Transcript with Fall 2019 Grades including your Biology course (We accept unofficial and official transcripts and you will upload the item yourself.)
- School Profile (A document which should be available through your school's registrar's office.)
- Letters of Recommendation (We'll require two submissions and one must be from a STEM Subject Instructor. You'll find a full set of instructions in your account after you register and pay your application fee.)
Ready to get started? The application process has three steps:
- Begin your application
- Using a parent/guardian email address and some basic information about the applicant and parent/guardian, you'll register to create an account, or confirm an existing Active account.
- Pay your $100 application fee via credit card. (To see if you may be eligible for an application fee waiver, click here. You'll need to pay the application fee or complete the application fee waiver request process to begin your application.)
- Once you've registered and paid your application fee, you'll visit www.jkcp.com/login to log in to your account. This portal is where you'll submit your required application materials such as your essay, school information, transcript, etc.
If you have any questions before you proceed, please contact us using one of the following options: