You must be entering Grade 11 or 12 in the 2020 - 2021 school year (a rising High School Junior or Senior) in order to be eligible to apply for an Internship.
In order to complete an application for admission, students will be required to submit several application requirements. After you register and pay your application fee, you'll gain access to your online account where you'll complete the following:
- Personal Information (You'll type in your answers to five short-answer questions to help us learn a little bit more about you.)
- Résumé (One-page résumé, instructions and tips will be provided in your online account)
- Personal Statement (Here's the prompt: "In no more than 3 paragraphs, please address and answer each of the following: Describe a personal experience that prompted your interest in your chosen field. What attracts you to this potential career path? Why do you want to do an internship this summer?")
- School Information (You'll type in your school's information, including school name, address, phone, type, graduation year, guidance counselor information, etc.)
- Academic Transcript with Fall 2019 Grades (You may upload this yourself because we accept both unofficial and official transcripts!)
- Letter of Recommendation (We'll give you a full set of instructions in your account, including a template that you may borrow to write your email to your recommender!)
- English Competency (Required for students who do not speak English as their first language, or do not receive their academic instruction in English. In order of our preference, the student may submit TOEFL, ACT, SAT, or a letter of recommendation from English Teacher.)
Have questions about any of the above? Click here to access the Internships Help Center where you'll find answers to many frequently asked questions.
Ready to get started? The Internship application process has three steps:
- Begin your application using a parent/guardian email address and some basic information about the applicant and parent/guardian, you'll register to create an account, or confirm an existing Active account.
- Pay your $200 non-refundable application fee via credit card. Learn more about fees here.
- Once you've registered and paid your application fee and deposit, you'll visit www.jkcp.com/login to log in to your account. This portal is where you'll submit your required application materials such as your essay, school information, transcript, etc.
If you have any questions before you proceed, please contact us using one of the following options: